Posted on 05-07-2018
Hi! Thanks for clicking, but before we get on to the main event it should be noted that these facts about water, while they have been typed up by me, (Brenna, the new office assistant here at Results Chiropractic) they have also been endorsed by Dr. Stephen Price himself. I'll be doing more of these posts in the future, so keep that in mind. These are real Doctor Approved™ recommendations.
There’s a quote by B. J. Palmer, known as the “Developer” of chiropractic care, on water that I see every time I come into work. He says “Have you more faith in a spoonful of medicine than in the power that animates the living world?” And frankly? Yeah, most of the time I do. If I have cramps I’m reaching for Midol, and you can bet I’m not depending on water to keep me from getting the flu, I get myself vaccinated every year. But if you don’t feel like ruining your stomach with Ibuprofen every time you have a head ache, or you want to try a more holistic approach to your health there are actually a lot of ways water can help. It may not fix every problem, but getting enough water is preventative, and the first step to being an all-around healthy individual.
So without further ado here are five ways you didn’t know water could help you.
- Water protects your spinal cord: And if you didn’t know, your spinal cord is pretty important! It contains a huge portion of your nervous system, and making sure it’s protected should be a top priority, and the cerebrospinal fluid (or CSF) that protects it and parts of your brain is 99% made up of, you guessed it, water!
- Water cushions your joints: Listen I’m 21 and my knees already make a bunch of weird cracking sounds when I walk upstairs so I know everyone needs to help their joints out, and making sure your muscles and bones are sufficiently moist goes a long way in preventing daily wear and tear.
- Water regulates your body’s temperature: This sounds simple enough, but it’s seriously cool, every single cell in your body is being temperature controlled all the time through homeostasis and several other processes. These affect everything in your body from the way your organs work, to producing sweat.
- Water helps you digest food: If you’re anything like me, you LOVE to eat. And having a messed up stomach because I’m not able to digest my food properly stops me from enjoying the eating process. Get this, saliva (which is mostly water) breaks down your food so you can digest it easily and get all those good good nutrients from it. Not enough water = backed up pipes, which takes us to number five.
- Water helps your body get rid of waste: Now I’m not just talking about poop, but water can help with that too. Water helps get rid of waste in all sorts of ways like sweat, urination, and it helps your liver get rid of the outrageous amounts of alcohol you take in when you have a wild weekend out with the boys right? I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs help with that.
So with all the things water can do for you, what are you waiting for? Go drink some water!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.