The rapid spread of the coronavirus now called COVID-19 has sparked alarm worldwide. As we learn more about this virus we see that many individual cases of infected people that die from this virus have been shown to have underlying health issues that weaken the immune system and increase the probability of death. Leaving many people with questions of what they can do to strengthen their immune system and overall health to better protect themselves and their loved ones.
Do you wish you could protect yourself and your loved ones in a bubble to prevent unwanted viruses? Well, we’ve got an even better way to shield yourself from illness, one that boosts your immunity naturally and effectively!
Here are a few basic steps to protect your health and Boost your immune system!
- Increase fruits and vegetables – Fruits and vegetables fortify our immune systems. My rule of thumb is that the greener the veggies and the more colorful the fruits, the healthier your body will feel. If you detest green, leafy vegetables, try throwing a handful of spinach or baby kale into a fruit smoothie packed with antioxidant-plentiful berries and ripe bananas.
- Get enough sleep – It is recommended that most people go for 7-9 hours of sleep a night. Some people need less, others need more. Six hours is an extremely restful night of sleep for most, while 10 hours is necessary for others. Getting enough sleep is essential to a healthy full functioning immune system.
- Reduce stress – Easier said than done, right? We all have it, whether it’s financial stress, emotional stress, or physical stress. Stress is the primary cause for all sickness and disease. By reducing stress it reduces pain sensitivity, and lowers blood pressure to name just a few of its endless benefits.
- Avoid added sugar – Sugar and Vitamin C compete for absorption by the same cells. When we eat too much added sugar, this blocks our body from absorbing Vitamin C. As we all know, Vitamin C aids our immune system in preventing sickness from taking hold in our bodies. Too much sugar weakens our immune system, and voilà! Sickness isn’t an if, it becomes a when.
Now, this does not include fruit. Sure, if you’re Type II diabetic, you need to watch your fruit intake because of your insulin imbalance. Outside of that, fruit doesn’t make humans sick or gain weight. Quite the opposite, in fact.
- Avoid dairy – This might put some people off. Most humans have a lactose intolerance, which is considered a dairy allergy. I certainly have a dairy allergy. And because of the high levels of antibiotic residue found in ALL dairy, this contributes to humans’ increasing antibiotic resistance, making us more susceptible to “superbugs” like this new coronavirus.
Dairy also contains high levels of estrogen and progesterone, which lead to abnormal early puberty, and the increased risk of uterine, breast, and prostate cancers. Dairy contains casein, which facilitates the growth of cancer cells. Dairy leads to increased risk of Type I diabetes and multiple sclerosis. Because of its high calcium content, dairy consumption can disrupt the body’s Vitamin D production and negatively affect bone growth, especially later in life. Because of dairy’s high content of sulferous amino acids, it actually leaches the calcium out of our bones, leading to a vastly higher risk of osteoporosis at an earlier age than normal.
- Wash your hands – Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Also, keeping a small bottle of hand sanitizer on hand isn’t a bad idea.
- Chiropractic care – How can Chiropractic Care protect you from the Coronavirus? One of the more significant ways Chiropractic protects you from viruses is because just about every nerve in the entire body passes through the C1 as the spinal cord. When there is a subluxation of the C1, this adds stress, tension, and/or pressure to some aspect of some nerve that travels to somewhere in the body. When this happens, people experience symptoms either immediately or eventually. Removing the subluxation and restoring proper positioning of the C1 allows the nervous system to properly communicate with the body and vice versa. Since the nervous system is the master system, it happens to control all other systems, including the immune system.
Try out these seven suggestions and see if they help. If you want to take measures to strengthen your immune system from the threat of viruses contact us at 913-789-9929